Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Smart Moves - Why Learning Is Not All In Your Head



Our "Try it Tuesday" is a book recommendation.




Smart Moves - Why Learning Is Not All In Your Head


I'm currently reading this book for a discussion on a developmental therapy support group list-serve. I've read a lot of books that explain the senses and the concept of sensory integration and I've read books with ideas for sensory diet activities. This book does more to explain how sensory input and movement initiate, influence, promote, and re-mediate brain development. It also emphasises the importance emotion plays in the ability to learn and reason. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is home schooling a child (special needs or neuro-typical), anyone whose child is receiving or would benefit from sensory integration therapy, and anyone who works with school age children.

If you've read this book I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences with it.

For Here for more "Try This Tuesday" posts.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I hadn't heard of this book yet. Thanks for the tip - I'm going to check it out!

Anonymous said...

We'll have to check that book out. Thanks!

Kirst

Anonymous said...

It sounds good! I'm definitely going to check this out. Thank you!

Trish said...

This sounds really interesting - thank you so much for sharing it!