Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday Drive #4

This week my Sunday drive took me four and a half hours through a National Forest, around a salt water canal, through bright sunshine and torrential rain, all the way to a neighboring state.

Here is the view from my desk for the next few days:



I'm in downtown Portland, OR. I'm going to be learning about all the latest developments in Special Education School Law and racking up my continuing legal education credits.

Hubby will be teaching at Frog's School tomorrow and Grandma will take over for Tuesday and Wednesday. Diva has school, Strings Class, Ballet, and Gymnastics so she will be staying with Grandma for a few days.

But I won't be too lonely. My best friend (since I was 7!) Is on her way into town to meet me for dinner. A real honest to goodness Girls Night Out! And when I get back to my hotel, my roommates will be waiting for me:




This is Stanley and Hanu's first stay in a hotel. They think the bed is really big and bouncy. They were a little afraid to get too close to the window. They are going to stay in, order room service and watch TV while I go out tonight. Maybe they'll go swimming in the pool tomorrow :0)

7 comments:

hellokittiemama said...

oh wow - you are getting a couple of nights with no kids? It is going to be awful quiet! Enjoy it though. I know that I always wish for a night or two away and then when I get it - I don't know what to do with myself and I miss my children horribly.

Bounce on the hotel bed a couple times in honor of Frog!

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

Finally up to speed, hooray! lol.

Have a wonderful time!!!!

Christine said...

Enjoy yourself!!!

I've got a four-night workshop in November that will take me away from home. On the one hand, I know I'll miss the kidlets terribly. On the other, the margaritas are already singing their siren song!! I can't wait!

danette said...

Have fun! Looks like your roommates are having a good time :).

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

rainbowmummy is jealous of christine and the margaritas, need to get myself to a workshop, lol

Unknown said...

A few days with not kids How nice. I have never been to your blog before. I too have a son who has autism! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Anonymous said...

here's another thing for you to enjoy:

http://mommysescape.blogspot.com/2008/09/i-would-like-to-thank.html