Friday, November 16, 2007

Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?

This is a link to a video clip I found both entertaining and thought provoking. I thought some of you might also find it interesting. It can take a few minutes to load, but I think it is worth the wait -

About this Talk

Sir Ken Robinson makes an entertaining (and profoundly moving) case for creating an education system that nurtures creativity, rather than undermining it. With ample anecdotes and witty asides, Robinson points out the many ways our schools fail to recognize -- much less cultivate -- the talents of many brilliant people. "We are educating people out of their creativity," Robinson says. The universality of his message is evidenced by its rampant popularity online. A typical review: "If you have not yet seen Sir Ken Robinson's TED talk, please stop whatever you're doing and watch it now."



  • Do Schools Kill Creativity?
  • 1 comment:

    tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

    I will need to watch the vid clip later, but I did want to say that school, not primary(up to 12), but secondary. the art teachers wanted it their way. I had things I was proud off rubbished because it wasn't their style. I am trying to find my creativity again, but right now all I can see to make is a cup of tea lol!